Join our Team at Mill Creek
Who We Are
Mill Creek Gardens believes in treating people well & that flowers make people happy. Our 5-acre greenhouse growing operation prides itself in growing 98% of everything it sells. We not only offer a welcoming retail experience for our local customers but also offer wholesale opportunities for Wisconsin garden centers & florists. Annual potted plants are started in early January for spring sales, fall crops are started in the summer, and holiday items are prepared late fall/early winter. We also grow indoor plants year-round.
While we aren't currently hiring, we are a growing business + things can change quickly. Feel free to apply at anytime + we will keep your resume on-file for when our hiring status changes.
About the Position: We are seeking an individual who is willing to work within a team growing + maintaining seasonal plant stock at the direction of our head + assistant growers. They will also provide assistance in keeping our growing operation clean + functional. This individual also assists in preparing retail + wholesale plant orders + making winter greenery.
- Ability to maintain positive + helpful attitude while working alone + in a group
- A genuine passion for plants + people
- General willingness to learn + understand growing process
- Dependable + on time
- Ability to be work standing for duration of shift
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds repeatedly
- Proficient in verbal English
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive hourly rate
- safe + respectful workplace
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time
Next Steps: Email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please tell us what you know about Mill Creek and what makes you a great fit for this position. Please attach a current resume, as well. You are also welcome to set up an appointment to drop off your resume and cover letter.
About this position: We are seeking a confident individual who is ready to serve our retail customers and enthusiastically continue to offer a fun & exciting experience for all who visit our establishment. We are seeking an individual who enjoys working with others & serving others’ needs. No prior plant knowledge is required but a desire to learn is of the highest importance. Our Retail Assistant will work with plants; planting, plant care, & maintenance.
Duties (include but not limited to):
- facilitating seasonal retail (spring, early summer, fall, winter)
- greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, & checking out customers
- assisting in seasonal workshops (some weekend hours will be necessary)
- keeping the retail floor stocked with merchandise
- keeping retail environment clean; trimming & organizing plants
- assisting in spring planting (Jan – April)
- assisting in processing winter greens (wreaths, garland, etc)
- basic understanding of retail environment
- ability to carry 40lbs & stand over 2 hours at a time
- minimum high school diploma
- proficient in verbal and written English
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and other employees
- strong communication & people skills
- flexible schedule
- competitive hourly rate based on performance
- safe and respectful workplace
Job Types: Part-time, weekday or weekend availability
Next Steps: Email your interest to email@example.com. In your email, please tell us what you know about Mill Creek Gardens and what makes you a great fit for this position. Please attach a current resume, as well. You are also welcome to set up an appointment to drop off your resume and cover letter.